Thursday, January 9, 2014

Making sense of it all.

Dear Blog, I cannot make sense of this world and only through you can I communicate my thoughts in helping others to understand should they try to or bother.

The world seems such a confusing place and such a mess.  I see and hear from young people who sadly some have given up hope in thinking that they have no future in Australia.  I spoke to a young person yesterday and I have heard from some others that they feel they no longer have a future in Australia.  There are no jobs and they see Australia as too competitive, despite even having qualifications to even be provided with an opportunity.  It seems that so many people are just like cold blocks of ice.  Nobody seems to care about each other anymore and there is no sense of community.  You try and be a good person and do the right thing but even at times this gets you nowhere.  I know that I am not crazy but at times there just seems to a be a total lunacy to humanity in that people seem to have in most instances lost the plot.  Will there ever be any end to it?

I was raised and it was instilled in my to have values and respect for others but it seems that some people have lost such attributes.  I am often told what is wrong with me more so that what I am doing and achieving but always having an inbuilt mechanism of talking to myself, I at least know that my justifications can be shared with myself at any rate.  People often make comments or ignore me even though they never really know who I truly am and what I have achieved in my life.  They also make assumptions and opinions even before I have been able to speak for myself.  I often watch episodes of Highway to Heaven and I wish other people would watch them also.  They have a hidden and underlying message about being a good person and in trying to help others.  Perhaps more people may like to watch Highway to Heaven and begin to see that by helping others and being Christian is not such a bad thing after all.

I also find at times that people try and conform me into what they think I should be rather than allowing me to be who I am.  For instance, people seem to treat me as though I am a freak because at 41 I am not married nor have a relationship.  I wonder what would actually happen if people spent more time in thinking about acceptance rather than measurement of expectations.   I know and do not want to feel sorry for myself but more so I would like people to better understand that having Autism is not a disease nor does it mean that I am broken and needing to be fixed.  Just because I think, function and see things differently does not mean I am incapable or stupid!  I also try my best to do things properly and for others to listen but at times I feel as though my message is just going silent on a solitary journey.

I am not after fame or fortune but more so a world which just understands better.  It is frustrating living in a world where people don't speak their minds more and just ignore me because I may look like others but yet have a different mindset.  If only people not on the Autism Spectrum would understand Aspies more. To see us as people but just unique in our own ways.  People often see the icing and not the cake beneath.  After all when you eat a cake the icing is only a part of it with the rest making up the ingredients.

One easily grows tired of the stigmas and perceptions of what a person should be.  The man beating his fist on his chest and behaving like a fiddler crab.  The alpha male raving on about how good he is to others. All so tedious and boring when you examine it more in detail.  The crap that men cannot talk to others nor shed tears.  It is time that attitudes start to change.   I think a lot of young people need to communicate better. It makes me wonder that as a person with a so called communication problem that you see others who cannot communicate at all. They put earpieces into their ears and shut out the world or talk on a piece of glorified plastic. However there is an alarming rise in mental health issues, depression and male suicide.  What is going on?  Why don't people start to listen.  Realise that material possessions are not fulfilling and that a more caring and understanding world is a better alternative.

Well anyhow this is my contribution today and I hope more people will start to wake up and listen!
Genius is 1 percent inspiration and 99 percent perspiration.
Thomas A Edison

No comments:

Post a Comment