Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Going on dates with Internet Dating



In some of my last posts I spoke of my experiences of Internet Dating.  So far I have been using RSVP.  I find Oasis a little less effective primarily because it seems to cover a wider world wide audience. I often gets women from Brazil or Mexico wanting to connect with me.  So for this reason I tend to rely on it less.

Internet dating is by no means easy.  I have gone out on approximately 6 dates so far with each experience being different.  The way I use RSVP is to work the kisses on it to see if I can find prospective women interested in going out on a date.  If you are able to work on the technique properly, you can get an email response.

What I find the most difficult is not knowing what to do or expect on the date.  Most dates seem to be only one off.  Connecting again seems impossible and scenarios different from one to the next.  In my first experience, I found there was a woman interested in me but me not her.  In my most recent experience I found I was interested in a woman, having kissed twice and held hands.  I felt there was chemistry but this other woman not.  Furthermore the main issue is scams.  Are these women telling the truth?  Are they really interested in a relationship or friendship or do they have some other agenda?  With my last date I think there may have been some concerns but at any rate I am now back to square one again.
Trying to work out internet dating.
What I find the hardest thing with dating is what is expected of me.  I seem to be unable to read body language and or even knowing what signals are being sent out and what signals I am sending out.  It is also hard just to be yourself for often there are high expectations placed on me.  The process just seems so overwhelming from many angles.  Just like a job interview which is primarily based on a person's appearance and performance at the time, the dating process is very similar. How well do you know the person on the first encounter and are they genuine and should more time be given?

There seems to be no real way of meeting persons of the opposite sex as bars and clubs are places I have no interest in.  Despite the noise being overwhelming, you can hardly communicate and filter out excessive noise. I also think that Aspie men may rely on emotion more so than body language which can make the process hard in itself.  I often feel that it is like losing all your body limbs and then having to regrow them for the next encounter.  

On RSVP I have managed to make it to the 100 list.  I do so to also try and dispel any negative connotations people have with men on the Autism Spectrum.  There are many advantages to being Aspie but yet people still don't really understand us and a lot more still needs to be done.  For me the challenges with internet dating include.

1. Body language

2. Conversation

3. Where to go and what to do after the first date.

4. Expectations 

5. Trust

6. How to define boundaries

7. Future contact

8. Predatory behaviour

9. Venues

10. Rejection

While I write this I am still trying my best to deal with the challenges and barriers as I don't really want to be lonely all of my life despite needing periods of seclusion.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your comments are always welcome

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  3. I'm taking a break for a while. Thanks for your comments

    ReplyDelete