I have now enrolled in the MOOC program being offered by Swinburne University. For more information please visit Autism MOOC at Swinburne University. The course starts from 2nd April 2015 and I hope to be able to provide input. I am going to try my best to raise awareness of adult issues. On Wednesday 18th March 2015, I will also be attending a presentation offered by the QBI It is here that I will be finding out and meeting speakers concerning Autism.
I am finding that I am handling multi tasking in certain ways and furthermore I am noticing my brain is working a lot harder in processing information. I also find myself often functioning on an intellectual platform more so than a social one. This does create a sense of being mentally drained but I just feel that I am alive at least more so than surviving in a vacuum of a lack of intellectual curiosity.
| Are universities places for the eccentric and for the Autistic? |
I am starting to make friends now and am meeting some new friends. Some are like me in that they can relate to similar challenges and struggles. The reality I find is that a tertiary setting is really an Aspie haven. Both Aspies diagnosed and not diagnosed seem to exist. Thinking may be similar and their are also pockets of eccentricity that can be found. The thing I find is that I seem to function better within an academic setting but out of it, my brain tends to struggle more. I also have made a new friend and like me this friend also can relate to the challenges I go through.
This blog post will be updated in due course as I am now just starting to get the ball rolling with some new ideas and concepts.
Hi Garry.
ReplyDeleteI'm a second year nursing student and have neither Asperger Syndrome nor am I Autism Spectrum but I can see the benefit of having classmates with those conditions in my degree. They inspire debate and attention to detail in a way can only help to perpetuate academic rigor. Keep up the great work!
Thanks for your feedback Rachel I very much appreciate it :)
ReplyDelete