Saturday, March 7, 2015

The passing of another Aspie Icon

When I heard about the news that Leonard Nimoy had passed away, better known as Mr Spock I felt as though just like I did when Robin Williams passed away, the same also was to occur with Leonard Nimoy.



Was Mr Spock an Aspie Icon?
I never really watched many episodes of Star Trek but I always remember the persona of Mr Spock.  He was different and he had a geek way about him.  Just like Robin Williams, Leonard Nimoy also left an impression.  I also remember watching the episodes of "In Search Of" when I was a teenager.  In this series, Leonard Nimoy often ventured into the supernatural and the unexplained.  I now wonder to myself if Leonard has been able to receive all the answers to the complex questions he once wanted answers to?


When watching Leonard Nimoy, I often wondered what led him to have an intellectually curious mind?  He seemed to play the Spock character but also invested time and energy into documentaries as in the case of "In Search Of"  I used to think how awesome it would be to have a documentary show like this and travel the world investigating unexplained phenomena.  Leonard even visited Australia to conduct his series on UFO Australia and New Zealand


As I become older myself I often think back to the 1980's to when I see myself as a younger and more different person to the man I am today.  If I was to meet who I was in the 1980's, I would probably be somewhat shocked to know how much I have grown and changed since then.  I certainly was a different person. 


Rest In Peace Mr Spock as I think you gave an Aspie a means of identity and a place in the world.  There will never be anyone else like you.  

No comments:

Post a Comment