Life as an Aspie is often spent in large periods of kind of solitary confinement. Society needs to understand that the Autism Spectrum is more so a developmental disability and not so much a physical one. Often the perception of others in a wrongful way can cause those of us in the Autism Community a lot of grief.
What is evident in being Aspie is an impairment in two way social interaction and an inability on the part of us Aspies in not knowing the necessary social skills in order to fit in with the non Autistic population. I sometimes find that I am blammed for the ways I think and more or less 'tribalised' to think and act like others when I really do not understand the purpose.
It is hard to get help when people cannot see exactly what it is that affects you. Also being blammed for being selfish and inward looking. I am fed up with Aspies being compared to NT (Neuro Typical) people because we think and act differently. Often times I am seen as the soure of the problem and can you see why people self inflict or in the worse instances try to look for ways to escape?!
Society has to realise that in terms of the Autism Spectrum that it is more of a difficulty with developmental delay more so than being an actual physical disability. Aspies just think and act differently to others but unfortunately a lack of awareness and understanding causes us to be seen as outcasts and misfits etc. I just hope one day the world will change but until now the important thing is to try and remain positive. Getting the message out there and to break down the barriers of ignorance. How long can high unemployment, remain a serious problem in the Aspie population with figures close to 90%?
I am tired of 'tribal' ways of thinking where Aspies are forced to conform and change our ways of thinking so as to suit others. Why can't people just better understand us? So is Autism more of a developmental disability more so than a physical one? Try and ask yourself this question and are we able to get help with social skills that provide and afford others with their day to day lives than our own?
What is evident in being Aspie is an impairment in two way social interaction and an inability on the part of us Aspies in not knowing the necessary social skills in order to fit in with the non Autistic population. I sometimes find that I am blammed for the ways I think and more or less 'tribalised' to think and act like others when I really do not understand the purpose.
It is hard to get help when people cannot see exactly what it is that affects you. Also being blammed for being selfish and inward looking. I am fed up with Aspies being compared to NT (Neuro Typical) people because we think and act differently. Often times I am seen as the soure of the problem and can you see why people self inflict or in the worse instances try to look for ways to escape?!
Society has to realise that in terms of the Autism Spectrum that it is more of a difficulty with developmental delay more so than being an actual physical disability. Aspies just think and act differently to others but unfortunately a lack of awareness and understanding causes us to be seen as outcasts and misfits etc. I just hope one day the world will change but until now the important thing is to try and remain positive. Getting the message out there and to break down the barriers of ignorance. How long can high unemployment, remain a serious problem in the Aspie population with figures close to 90%?
I am tired of 'tribal' ways of thinking where Aspies are forced to conform and change our ways of thinking so as to suit others. Why can't people just better understand us? So is Autism more of a developmental disability more so than a physical one? Try and ask yourself this question and are we able to get help with social skills that provide and afford others with their day to day lives than our own?