As an adult now close to middle aged turning 40 next year, I often wonder what the future may hold for the next 20 or 30 years or so? I find I have to reinvent my ways of thinking and more importantly come to terms with myself and how I can define myself as a person.
I think it is hard going being an Aspie male in the C21st century as still in my opinion the pressures of both tribalism and conformity try to take their force. When you hear of the so called love or romance stories that apply to a Mills and Boon novel, you begin to realise why books are written and why more people perhaps read them. Writing and reading is but an escape from the realities of the world that exist around us. Life cannot be spent in looking for someone but more so improving upon your own foundations. 2011 has been a learning kerb for me but the road ahead still seems long, bumpy and rocky. I was called negligent for allowing a sick cat to die and also accused.
The only way forward being a person on the Autism Spectrum is to try and learn and to not take personal criticism so directly. Life is difficult and at times it can be harsh. However feeling sorry for yourself gets you nowhere and you have to try and stand up and fight some injustices where you can. I now have an interest in the Buddhist teachings and developing a calmer inner mind. I try to re invent actions so that I do not repeat them. This is all you can do really do?
I think in terms of relationships that what is impossible for men on the Autism Spectrum and I am a man so I am speaking as a man,that it is virtually impossible for a woman to truly understand how a man on the Autism Spectrum thinks. So many Aspie men just put up with events around them as best they can and we do think and act differently to others around us and we are different to each other. Why then is life tough? I guess all you can say is that we are not fully understood properly and society needs to become better aware.
I think it is hard going being an Aspie male in the C21st century as still in my opinion the pressures of both tribalism and conformity try to take their force. When you hear of the so called love or romance stories that apply to a Mills and Boon novel, you begin to realise why books are written and why more people perhaps read them. Writing and reading is but an escape from the realities of the world that exist around us. Life cannot be spent in looking for someone but more so improving upon your own foundations. 2011 has been a learning kerb for me but the road ahead still seems long, bumpy and rocky. I was called negligent for allowing a sick cat to die and also accused.
The only way forward being a person on the Autism Spectrum is to try and learn and to not take personal criticism so directly. Life is difficult and at times it can be harsh. However feeling sorry for yourself gets you nowhere and you have to try and stand up and fight some injustices where you can. I now have an interest in the Buddhist teachings and developing a calmer inner mind. I try to re invent actions so that I do not repeat them. This is all you can do really do?
I think in terms of relationships that what is impossible for men on the Autism Spectrum and I am a man so I am speaking as a man,that it is virtually impossible for a woman to truly understand how a man on the Autism Spectrum thinks. So many Aspie men just put up with events around them as best they can and we do think and act differently to others around us and we are different to each other. Why then is life tough? I guess all you can say is that we are not fully understood properly and society needs to become better aware.