I have often wondered about an Autism Adult World Conference. My plan would be to ask Dr Tony Attwood to attend and have adults meet in Brisbane, Australia from around the world. Such a conference would involve a lot of work but it is possible. I wonder if money could be raised as donations to assist adults in making the journey to Australia and to attend?
I feel that in order to address the issues concerning adults and for adults world wide to improve services in their cities, towns and country then such a conference would allow for this opportunity.
The Autism World Adult Conference would involve
1. Adults discussing issues that relate to them
2. Ways of addressing unemployment
3. Methods to increase services and support
4. Employment Programs
5. Ways of addressing social isolation, mental illness and anxiety.
6. An opportunity for Autism Works, Specialisterne, Aspiritech to attend
7. Employment agencies and employers suited to Adults with Autism
8. Measures to prevent bullying, discrimination and unfair treatment
I am always optimistic and believe that things can change and that we need to remain positive. The World Autism Adult Conference would allow not only adults in Australia to address their concerns but adults from around the world. I would envisage the conference to be in roughly 2 years time. A lot of work would need to be carried out for which I would be more than willing to assist with. I am more than willing to put in the hardwork because personally I think more needs to be done for adults!
I will be seriously thinking about ideas if such a conference is to go ahead and to approach adults on the Autism Spectrum from around the world and Autism Associations etc. Please stay tuned for my thoughts on this subject.
No comments:
Post a Comment