Sunday, July 3, 2011

People just come with too many complications

Sometimes the world is so confusing and more importantly people are confusing! Just doing your own thing seems like a good idea for you don't have to worry if a person is not going to show up, be late, forget or bring a long with them a lot of emotional baggage. I just wonder if it is all really worth the effort to try and find friends? Amongst Aspies though I find the majority are easy to get on with but they seem to have a lot of difficulty with executive function or in some instances I find myself totally drained having to do their thinking for them. Across the Autism Spectrum, higher functioning Aspies seem to make good friends but often they seem to have their own difficulties and issues.

I spend a lot of time talking to myself anyhow. At least I hear and receive the answers I want. I don't have to worry about offending other people and I find that when talking to other people, they are never really on the same wave length as I am. In my own solitude I live in my own world and often feel that should I make a friend or enter a relationship that my world then becomes chaotic. All of this unnecessary baggage etc. I have recently come into contact with an Aspie who moved from Ireland to New Zealand. He lives on his own and has his own business. He has a little dog to keep him company and I think he is happy in his own world free of stress and people hassles. One day I would like though to visit the New Zealand Aspies but it would need to be sometime in the future I think. Wellington is about 3 and half hours from Brisbane so I guess something in the future maybe possible?

Ask yourself as an Aspie what can and can you not handle in relation to people? Sometimes they are just too much hassle and bother. Some understand but others just make for a chaotic world.

No comments:

Post a Comment