Sunday, July 3, 2011

Aspies and computers

Dr Tony Attwood believes that computers were made by Aspies for Aspies. I agree with him on this. Just contemplate how many Aspies use Facebook and more importantly look at Facebook's creator?

For an Aspie and I am going to mention my personal experience the use of a computer offers the following.

1. An avoidance of face to face and social situations.
2. A means of communicating and not having the added stresses of driving a car or getting to location.
3. Not having to wear annoying clothes that drive you into sensory overload. Jeans for instance are like torture to me and I cannot wear them for I hate the feel of them on my legs
4. Computer interaction is by words with less hidden verbal queues and necessary social essentials.

What are the statistics of Aspies being Facebook users? Well I know a great deal many Aspies on Facebook. What I find unique is their photos often display landscape scenes and usually images that seem rather removed somehow compared to non Austistics. Us Aspies well again I speak for myself seem to have an introspection within our Facebook pages. Also most Aspies seem to be on Facebook chat and often conversations can be stilted or a bit one sided.

If computers were invented by Aspies then are Aspies going to dominate the world somehow? Just imagine how everything is now computerised and who invented the software and more importantly painstakingly took the the time to implement it? Possibly Aspies?? Perhaps computers are an Aspie's way of communicating for we do not need all the stresses of the modern world which seem largely overwhelming and confusing. Ask yourself who invented computers, for what purpose and why? How often does an Aspie spend on a computer compared to an NT? Perhaps the computer revolution is the next step in evolution?

No comments:

Post a Comment