Friday, July 22, 2011

Looking after yourself.

Exercise and massage I find are very helpful in ensuring you stay fit and healthy. First of all I find that I get a lot of tension in my back, spinal area, neck and head. Anxiety tends to take hold of these areas and with a half an hour massage, a lot of this tension is gone. I also find cardio vascular good to improve heart rate, deep breathing and alertness. People think that going to the gym means you have to use weights and push yourself beyond measure but I am currently doing cardio vascular and this suits me fine.



Breathing can often be difficult for if breathing is too shallow it tends to fuel anxiety. The deeper the breathing the less fuel for anxiety. It is also important to eat well and to eat foods that are not going to make you put on weight or cause other problems. If only gyms would design more programs for persons on the Autism Spectrum they could be doing a lot to significantly reduce anxiety and stress issues in most persons especially on the Autism Spectrum.

No comments:

Post a Comment