To the rest of the world Australia remains either an unknown country or one that is too far away but what is Australia really like from my own perspective?
Australia is a country that a lot of people may never get to and it is one that remains a mystery unless you have actually been or live here. A lot of Australia comprises of vast deserts in which you could land a 747 or a Martian Colony could land in the middle and nobody would know.
One movie I thought I would share with anyone who is interested is called Walkabout. This movie was made in 1971 John Gorton was prime minister. The movie makes me think because it shows how two children desert Sydney and head outback. Here the terrain is harsh and they encounter an Aborigine. The movie shows the contrast between the original native inhabitants who have occupied Australia and the two children who struggle to survive after their father has killed himself by driving into the dessert.
People say that I am only interested in Asperger Syndrome but I do think a lot. I think Australia is like another world and those who have been fortunate to have visited here can see how we live here. Australia remains a country isolated by others but yet still has many interesting features despite its harshness.
The movie shows no bias and should you wish to watch it please double click on the title of this post. For anyone thinking of visiting Australia it shows the contrast between city and outback.
No comments:
Post a Comment