This morning I emailed Dr Tony Attwood the following question in order to satisfy my own curiosity
[10:44:01 AM] Garry Burge: Hi Tony with High Functioning Autism and Asperger Syndrome in adults. Do you think the difference could be that an adult with High Functioning Autism has more difficulty with showing affection? Whereas an Asperger Adult is able to show empathy in some ways almost neuro typical? What I have noticed with some adults that some I suspect to have more high functioning Autism as they have more difficulty with displaying empathy or may not know their actions. I think if for instance a person was with a person who fell and cut their leg. The Aspie would see the situation and try to their best assist with it whereas a high functioning person with Autism would perhaps say I need to and get a cup of tea or just not see or respond to the situation?
What exactly is the difference between high functioning Autism and Asperger Syndrome in adults?
I will see if Dr Tony Attwood is able to respond sometime
No comments:
Post a Comment