When I visited Ireland in June of this year, I stayed at Galway. The hotel I stayed in offered very good service and I found the staff that worked at the hotel very friendly. Meals were available when you requested them and it was very professionally run as a hotel. I always like to provide good feedback because when a good service is provided it makes the management know that the work they do and their code of conduct to the customer is always noticed. I filled out the feedback card and received the following email response
Dear Mr Burge,
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to fill out a comment card after your recent stay at the Menlo Park Hotel. We value these as an essential tool in the continuous review and improvement of the service we offer.
I was delighted to see you had felt that Sarah deserved a special mention. As our service promise is ‘Our friendly professional team are dedicated to providing excellent service’, it is always heartening to know that this is indeed what our guests are experiencing.I have passed on your kind feedback her and she has asked me to extend her gratitude.
We would be most appreciative if you could take a moment to write a review on http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk about your experience with us as we realise the importance of genuine feedback in the current climate.
We would be delighted to welcome you back to the Menlo Park Hotel in the future. As a valued guest, we would be delighted to offer you a preferential rate on your next visit. Please contact the hotel on 091-761122 and quote the code CCR2 to receive this rate.
Many Thanks and Kind Regards,
Guest Relations
Reservations/ Áirithintí
Menlo Park Hotel & Conference Centre
Terryland/Tír Oileáin
Galway/Gaillimh
Direct Line/Líne Díreach: 091 761122
Fax/Faics 091 761222
Email/R-phost: reservations@menloparkhotel.com
Web/Suíomh: www.menloparkhotel.com
In Australia it is hard to find professional service and I remember on one occasion confronting a very rude barber at New Market in Brisbane. Despite this man being rude and obnoxious I found his sense of humour to be of bad taste. I also had to complain about a staff member in a supermarket being very rude and unhelpful. In Australia it seems that customer service no longer exists. I do not appreciate being called 'mate' when I do not know the person behind the counter and more importantly I think it would be helpful if a staff member would take the time to help you out rather than point you in a vague direction to where you wish to purchase a product. Decency and respect need to return to the trade and service industries. Have you ever thought about praising a work environment that does a good job rather than just expect it? Maybe by providing feedback you help the organisation to improve!
No comments:
Post a Comment