Friday, May 13, 2011

You're the one with a problem

I am sick and tired of hearing and reading posts or comments from people about a cure for Autism. Yesterday I spoke with a good friend and fellow Aspie about the lack of acceptance and understanding of Autism in the older generations. I have had to endure so much crap in my life that it just makes me laugh and think how shallow people really are!

I used to have to endure all the crap of people's ignorance and their methods of "tribalisation" in that if I did not conform to their standards that I had something seriously wrong with me. I remember constant annoyance at people trying to figure out why I was different and constantly question my sexuality. The thing which I found offensive was that people did not ask questions but kept on trying to poke and prod as to why I was not interested in the opposite sex and whether or not I was or was not a virgin up until 36 years of age! I mean who really cares? I mean is it some sort of Guinness Records World Book record to know or not to know? People just seem so shallow but when it comes to reality most people shirk it and prefer to resort to measures to fulfill their insecurities. Not all but some.

There seems to be some view that if you are different and you think outside the question that you are to be avoided at all costs. Furthermore you are seen as abnormal. The truth of the matter is that I do not want to be squeezed into society's mold. Conformity is so boring. Perhaps you may want to see the movie "Metropolis" where people are regulated and work within a boring conformity model?

Narrow mindedness and fiercely conservative people really need at times a brain transplant. They need to understand and accept that not everyone wants to get married or fit into society's boring mold. Thinking outside the square is awesome and if people don't like or accept me for instance well I think, sod them! There the ones with the problem, not me. I do not see myself as perfect but I darn well admire my strengths and endurance for the crap I have had to suffer over the years. Having to put up with it has meant I have had to rely on fortitude and courage. I am also tired of people's pathetic excuses or means of deception for really being to gutless or honest to inform me of the truth. Politeness can be more offensive I believe to an Aspie than being upfront with them even if this can sometimes make us feel a bit uncomfortable. I also think Autism came out of the recent Australian Federal Budget very poorly. I think it will take several generations until Australia and the rest of the world wake up to Autism. Governments will soon have to recognise that it exists. In the meantime I am not giving up and those of you who think that Aspies need to be forced into society's mold then you have another thing coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment