Saturday, May 14, 2011

Journey overseas

It feels good to have finally finished work and to have a long needed break. Writing a book and continually trying to raise awareness of the Autism Spectrum is in itself is very demanding. Not only do I raise awareness but other organisations needs special mention in the hard work which they also carry out.

On Monday morning I leave for Spain via Singapore and Dubai. I am looking forward to the Cosmos Tour which I am doing and should you be interested you can click on the title of this post for more information. As an Aspie traveling is always a great adventure as it well and truly gets me out of my comfort zone. I can see other cultures and also learn more about them and the many attractions and history which they offer. I have learned some Spanish but not well enough to speak it fluently. I am looking forward to seeing the Flamenco, the traditions, the historical sites and the people. All in all it will be exciting.

My focus will not be so much on Autism Spectrum awareness but more so a change from the status Quo. I will also be visiting Portugal. I will be taking notes of my entire trip.

After I have completed my trip in Spain and Portugal, I then fly onto England. I will be visiting friend and fellow Aspie Chris Mitchell. I will be observing the work Chris is doing in Autism Works, spending some time with Chris' family and then taking a trip to Edinburgh and Rothbury. My trip to England will coincide with my original trip to England in May 2001. In the last week of my trip I will be visiting Ireland. I will be driving around Ireland and meeting with another Aspie Stephen Hughes who lives in Ireland. Stephen will be showing me around his hometown of Belfast.

All in all I am looking for to my trip. I will try and keep everyone informed with any updates mainly via computers in hotels and of course my Iphone. I may also be using Skype to contact family and friends back home.

I wish you adios from Australia and please visit my Facebook page via my website http://www.garryburge.com for photo updates.

I will also be raising awareness of my book but not so much as a priority but more so when I visit the UK.

No comments:

Post a Comment