As I travel through Spain and when I am overseas, I tend to find myself free of conformity. However I sometimes feel drained when I am around people for long periods. Regular people seem to think that being on your own is somehow abnormal and they sometimes seem to feel it necessary that you may require company. This is not always the case. I don't need and often find it draining being around someone all the time. It feels like my brain is running at 8000 volts instead of 240.
Yesterday I was somewhat annoyed when confronting an elderly Dutch couple in a cafe. As I spoke a bit to them and mentioned where I was from, being Australia. The lady rejected my business card saying " I don't want it!". I felt like saying typical Dutch arrogance etc but I tried to think that some people are not always diplomatic.
I have been in touch with Autismo Spain and I hope to meet with them in Madrid if at all possible. I am currently unwinding in the hotel at Fuengirola before the tour hits the road again tomorrow. I have spoken to some friends and family on skype. Tomorrow I head to Gibraltar and Portugal. For now it is just updates on my iPhone
No comments:
Post a Comment