I have travelled along way from Australia and my trip to Spain and Portugal ends tomorrow when
I head for the United Kingdom via Dusseldorf Germany. I have been very impressed and intrigued with both countries. Despite almost breaking my leg slipping on the hotel bathroom floor in Orporto, I have been pushing myself no stop to see and do as much as I can.
The highlights of Spain have been it's wonderful scenery and architecture. It has a great history and I only learned today and please forgive me if imam wrong that Madrid became the capital in 1561? The previous capital was Toledo and the Arabs were also expelled in this period or perhaps 1492? I have taken in so much information and I keep hearing people speaking like Speedy Gonsalis that I am finding it hard to overcome the culture shock of being Australian.
What has interested me about Spain has been the influence of different inhabitants within it. If you know any Roman history just imagine when the Romans were in Spain! The history of Spain goes something like this
1. Celts 1500BC
2. Iberians?
3. Phoenicians 1150 - 700BC
4. Greeks
5. Carthigians
6. Romans
7. Visigoths
8. Arabs
9. Present times
This information I received when talking with a tour guide provided by Cosmos Tours
People need to come to Spain!
No comments:
Post a Comment