Friday, May 6, 2011

Is it just a different means of success?

I find having expectations causes me to feel depressed. What if they do not work out? What if my plans or goals never come to fruition? I believe that adults and persons on the Autism Spectrum have a different way of living compared to other people. We find socially network difficult or more so near impossible. This seriously puts us into a difficult situation when trying to create friends and broaden opportunities into employment or to obtain promotion. We are also held back by the constraints of society. Hierarchy can be maddening and bureaucracy frustrating to the point to cause us severe meltdown.

I have come to the conclusion that the cards we are given in life we just need to deal with and play to the best of our ability. Some of us may never be successful in terms of the neuro typical sense and may struggle to hold down relationships. As I stated in an earlier post I think NT's respond more to chaos and uncertainty whereas Aspies are the opposite. Well in my case I am.

Society needs to begin to understand Autism better and to make accommodations, modifications and provide awareness where necessary. The traditional means of employment just don't seem to work for some Aspies when there is an interview process that tends to judge at face value.

On another note my books are selling fast. Both myself and Asperger Services Australia have been selling books so far to Belgium, United Kingdom and the United States. Ireland has also ordered some books. What is also far more important is that the National Autistic Society based in the UK has purchased my book also. I am not interested so much in making money from book sales but more so raising awareness. My book has an ISBN and Barcode which means it can also be stocked in bookshops and libraries. I would encourage anyone to place a copy into your local library whether it be for school, community or university.

I would like to thank everyone for their support and I look forward to my upcoming book launch tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment