Saturday, May 7, 2011

I Want To Work An Asperger Story Book Launch

This morning was a very important day for me as it was my book launch. I do not want to brag about myself at this event but more so provide those of you both in Australia and abroad about how the day went.

The morning started with both myself and Stefanie Evans Secretary of Asperger Services Australia attending with a small army of volunteers. I assisted with placing 60 chairs into the Chermside Library Conference Room here in Brisbane and the numbers started to roll in. Some very important people within my life attended this event. These people included some of the people I worked with and some other very good friends. I was also fortunate to have some other friends attend who were in their late 80's. So in all the event went well.

My speech was 4 pages long and people were very impressed with it. I have been asked for copies of my speech and this can be done should people either contact myself or Asperger Services Australia.

Lots of books were sold and all of them autographed. Now that I have written my first book there are several others to come. These will be in the area of employing adults on the Autism Spectrum. I am also going to work on my current manuscript for "Crikey I'm Eccentric". More details soon.

I am currently looking into options of undertaking post graduate study in the area of employing adults on the Autism Spectrum and I intend to talk with Dr Tony Attwood about this in July when I meet with him.

On 16th May I will be heading overseas for 5 weeks. I will be visiting Spain, Portugal and then onto England and Ireland.

But in conclusion my book launch went well and it will be a matter of breaking down further barriers of ignorance in order to get the government to listen to the plight of Autism. Thanks again to anyone following me and taking the time to read my blog posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment