Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Feeling sick and trying to get help

I can remember once being in primary school and feeling sick. I did not know or more say I feared I was going to throw up in the classroom. I can remember feeling whether or not I was going to throw up and what reaction would others think if I did so? I tried to hang on and think that the thought of throwing up would go away and despite trying to cope my best, I ended up being sick in the class. I can remember the reaction of the other children at the time. They found me repulsive and one even said "eew keep away from me!". The teacher did intervene and I was escorted outside of the classroom onto the school verandah. I was given a drink of water and asked if my parents should be contacted. I cannot remember clearly but I think I actually had to walk home from school. I just had to endure what happened to me as best I could. I can remember spending periods in the school sick bay and having days off from school for I had problems with feeling sick. At the time nothing was known. In high school, I had to take a week off sick and the teachers and students wanted to know if I was returning to the school and were disappointed as a result that I had to return. No wonder I keep to myself now!

No comments:

Post a Comment