It can often be very difficult at times to get your message across to people and to also defend yourself in times of difficult. Wrestling with anxiety, stronger personalities and how the other person may respond can often be very distressing. This is just not people on the Autism Spectrum but for all people in general.
As an advocate of Asperger Syndrome, I often cannot understand why I need to follow some kind of framework or adopt some professional approach when enlightening people about having Asperger Syndrome. Can I not just be myself. I am not always going to please everyone in how I get my message across and my verbal delivery is one such example. I believe in not beating around the bush and telling things as they are which people can often find difficult to handle.
Some adults on the Autism Spectrum do very well at selling speeches and being good public speakers and this is a rare gift that it is owed to them and which they deserve. I don't compare myself to other adults but rather I am thankful to them in areas I am not really good at. As adults on the Autism Spectrum we all have our own attributes and we can be thankful that some adults excel in some areas and others in other areas.
I would like people to read and visit Arman's blog by double clicking in the Title Post of this blog. Arman has a lot to say and he is doing a great job in getting the message out there about Autism. Please take the time to visit his blog and be enlightened by the good work he does.
No comments:
Post a Comment