There were several reasons why I detested secondary school. The bullying was just a part of it but it was the teachers.
I was told the following.
1. Mr Burge can you come out to the front of the classroom and inform the class that you cheated on your art assignment and why should the class be marked down because of you?
2. Received 2% out of 20% for a Geography Assignment on the Sydney basin and despite my parents intervening teacher still criticised me and said how dense I was and why I should be destined for the scrap heap
3. Constant criticism for believing I had ability to go onto senior level grades 11 and 12 and that I had no brains.
It has been difficult to move on in some ways because the 5 years of having to endure this crap meant that it emotionally effected my confidence levels.
I really needed to write a book which I did to talk about how my situation affected me and I feel somewhat better for having done so
The positives now are that
I was able to find employment
Live life to the best of my ability and accept what I have and who I am
Go onto university and battle through to obtain a Bachelor of Arts Degree majoring in Politics and Sociology
Having wonderful friends and some on the Autism Spectrum who are great people and provide friendship and support.
I hope that schooling changes and support and early intervention happens for children as believe me the experiences I endured just do not help when you reach adulthood.
No comments:
Post a Comment