This afternoon I was on the phone to Education Queensland about my concern with children on the Autism Spectrum not obtaining early intervention. I have heard from both parents and teachers that little or no support is being offered for children on the Autism Spectrum and I feel enough is enough, I should try my best to do something about it. I spoke with a Disability Advisor this afternoon and I hope to hear from her within the next 2 weeks to provide a presentation to both teachers and educators concerning the crucial years of development as a person on the Autism Spectrum.
Yesterday I was also on the phone to Rotary International. I spoke several years back at a couple of Rotary Meetings but unfortunately my phone conversation made very little impact in persuading the representative in Sydney to allow me to give some presentations at some Rotary Clubs. Perhaps I may hear something soon, we can only wait.
I hope to work on and deliver a presentation which provides necessary information and impact for Education Queensland. Early intervention is required and more importantly assistance with the crucial stages onto adulthood. All I can say for now is hopefully more updates soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment