Today I am feeling somewhat anxious because my work environment is moving around and I am still recovering from the presentation I gave on Friday. When I speak at forums or events, all that I do is finely processed. Friday was a rather long day for me as having to function from 8.30 - 4.00pm requires a lot of mental energy. I have what I call buffer days. A buffer day is when I can relax from an event where I have needed to use a lot of mental energy. When I present my slides, I like to ensure they say the message I want to get across and more importantly I want to sound both interesting and convincing. I can wear a neck tie for a short period about a couple of hours but after that it becomes a sensory issue. I can only wear jeans if I really really have to for more than an hour and after that the denim really irritates me and affects me a sensory sense. I feel jeans are like mobile hessian bags and I can withstand if I need to the material for short periods then I have to revert to shorts.
Brisbane, has an unpleasant climate in summer and long sleeve shirts and long pants really annoy me also. I find the humidity is draining and it often feels like you are battling the constant humidity surrounding you and it feels a bit like swimming in it. I do have sensory and tactile senses but I try to cope with them as best I can. Do you wonder why some Autistic Children may go off in a tantrum? Perhaps you need to know what type of clothes are more comfortable for them.
Tomorrow I have the last meeting of the year for the University of Queensland Disability Sub Committee. Although attendance at the committee is somewhat mentally draining as often I am a person who looks for direct and thorough responses when others respond differently. I have re-nominated again for the committee and I am not sure whether I will be asked to serve again or not. Time will only tell. My post is somewhat unclear tonight as I am feeling a bit stressed as sometimes people like myself with Asperger Syndrome confront meltdown. No it is not me making it up, I am speaking the truth. Why would I make it up? Humidity really gets to me but I try to put up with it is best I can. It can be draining but I try and see it as just temporary.
I am progressing through my book and I am trying my best with the help of my parents to hopefully submit it before the year is out. It is back to work now on writing it so this is my update for now.
No comments:
Post a Comment