Thursday, November 25, 2010

Asperger Advocacy update

I have been currently busy. Currently I am working on getting my book manuscript completed in order to send to Dr Tony Attwood for him to write the Foreword to the book. I intend to have this completed within the next few weeks. Apart from this, I also have a presentation at CRS (Commonwealth Rehabilitation Service) at the Mt Cootha Summit Restaurant in Brisbane. I will also be attending a workshop at the University of Queensland Library, "A Harrassment Free Workplace". This presentation should be very interesting to also attend.

On Saturday, I will be attending an experiment conducted on behalf of the University of Queensland concerning drivers and testing parts of the brain for performance. This will be a bit of a challenge and something aside from my current work on Asperger Advocacy.

As the book is close to completion, it is my hope that it will help adults on the Autism Spectrum find employment and obtain more recognition within the wider community. As the book has not yet been published, I am not able to inform people about what is discussed in the book. The book will hopefully be a true reflection and an account of what things need to change in order to make the transition into employment much easier for adults on the Autism Spectrum.

I also have some other meetings coming up in terms of Asperger Syndrome awareness. I will also be visiting the University of Queensland PACE Library which I understand is in Wooloongabba and at the former Bogga Road Gaol site.

Please stay tuned for my interview with Arman who is an adult with Asperger Syndrome in the United States.

No comments:

Post a Comment