I am going to be honest and upfront on my views and how I see the world. I think in the world there is as Howard Beal states a lot of bullshit. I mean you only have to look at Equal Opportunity to begin with. Equal Opportunity is supposed to treat everyone fairly but does it?! I find that Equal Opportunity works in the favour of the people who make the most noise and get what they want. I have seen it in workplaces, the people who often do the least amount of work, suck up to the right people and make the necessary noise get what they want. It is a sad and unfortunate reality that honest and hard working people who should be getting the praise and merit are the ones who simply fall in the wayside or exist in the backwash. I also get sick and tired of people who think they are better than other people. I find snobs and well to do people artificial. They are mortal like the rest of us and have to cease existing to be in their ivory towers assuming they know more and are better than other people. Every person in this world can make a go of their life but sadly and the truth be known that some people despite their hard work and endeavours just never seem to get anywhere.
Take for instance the "Tall Poppy Syndrome". Why the hell do people cut down others who get off their backsides and make a go of life. Why instead of supporting them are they instead cut down!? For heavens sake if you want an economy to prosper and for a society to move forward out of complacency then you have to support those people who try and do the right thing. Equal Opportunity should be about giving everyone a fair go and ruling out such scenarios as evident in the human condition of favourtism and sucking up to the right people. I find such people spineless and efficient in most cases for they are never really promoted on merit to begin with. Now I come to a very important point. Why then are people on the Autism Spectrum disadvantaged by equal opportunity? Well open your eyes! People with Asperger Syndrome lack the necessary social skills to climb the corporate or promotional ladder in any organisation. Not only do they not suck up to the right people but we find it difficult to navigate the work environment socially. We are seriously disadvantaged by our limited social skills to know what to say and employ the required usage of social skills.
This brings me to the point of inclusion of Autism into the Disability Discrimination Act. Why should Autism be incorporated into the Disability Discrimination Act? Quite simply because Autism is a stand alone disability. The Autism Spectrum effects a person's social skills and impairs their ability to get around the workplace socially. A person in a wheel chair has a mobility impairment but a regular person's cognitive wiring whereas an Aspie does not. An Aspie is a different kettle of fish and the whole concept of support and representation needs to be modified.
I see so many people who are busy with their lives and some of whom are unhappy with how their life is unfolding. We have too much choice to begin with and products and services no longer focus on quality. Things are not for the long term and nobody really seems to give a stuff about anyone else anymore and a person is left to their own devices. In the movie Network Howard Beal says "I am as mad as hell and I am not going to take this anymore". I wonder how many people actually feel like this and how much longer is the world going to go on like it is and being way overpopulated supporting more than 6 billion inhabitants. Nobody knows the solutions to the problems of the world but surely there is so much crap happening around us that some day it will turn around back to quality and reality!! I just wish people would be more upfront and honest rather than being deceptive and not being honest with their true thoughts or feelings. Is I am busy really saying in a polite way, "please get stuffed as I am not interested in talking to you?".
I also get tired of virtually having to lie on a selection criteria about what I am supposed to be able to do in my superman blue suit. It is just difficult to make up lies and be involved in writing deceptive descriptions in order to satisfy the requirements of an interview panel if you are lucky to get the interview at any rate. These people do not know you from a bar of soap and yet you are supposed to convince them of what you can do.
No comments:
Post a Comment