Friday, October 29, 2010

The weekend is finally here

The weekend is finally here. It is good to have a couple of days free after completing a somewhat busy week. Today I received my Recognition and Development back from the line manager I work under. Her comments were very supportive and showed where my strong points are and other areas where I need to improve.

I am now starting a weekend house sit at Wilston which is the northern suburbs of Brisbane. I have access to a pool and will have a swim very shortly as it is starting to get somewhat humid now in Brisbane. I also received some feedback concerning my first attempt at my book manuscript. Some areas are needing improvement more particularly in relation to my employment experience. I will continue to work on this and will do some more work later tonight.

Tomorrow I am off to the Toastmasters speaking forum which goes for 5 hours but I will probably only stay a couple. Here you can hear speakers on all different topics and it is well worth attending to broaden one's mind. There is also an orchid show on which I may consider attending but it depends on how much I can get to see on the weekend. I have to cook my dinner shortly and then chill out a bit. It is good that the weekend is finally here and I am giving myself a pat on the back for coming on over the last 8 months. I am starting to take on more things and getting less burned out at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment