Next week I will be making a visit to the Brisbane Independent School. The Brisbane Independent School is a school of interest to me as I would like to know how the pupils are taught and what early intervention there is for children, some of whom may have individual needs. As I will be presenting at Autism Queensland and talking about my own personal experiences of making the transition from school into employment, I would be interested to see how my situation could have compared to children today within this school.
My thoughts are on whether a school for primary school level could be developed and implemented on a high school model. It would be interesting if a high school more were to be adopted to see what positive outcomes and support may be available. I cannot really comment on the Brisbane Independent School as yet as I have not visited it but I would be interested to see how this school operates and what intervention and or support is provided at an early stage in development.
No comments:
Post a Comment