Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Well done to Specialisterne employer of adults with Asperger Syndrome

There is more hope for adults with Asperger Syndrome now that Specialisterne has branched into both Scotland with now both Poland and Iceland next to benefit. Finally there is hope for adults with Asperger Syndrome to obtain meaningful employment and I hope personally that Specialisterne continues to encapsulate more countries as it continues to grow world wide. I am currently still writing my book which I hope will bring to light my own personal struggles in finding employment and feeling a meaningful and valued member within the community. In May of 2011, I hope to be visiting the United Kingdom to meet with friend and fellow Aspie, Chris Mitchell. Chris is working on a new project based in the United Kingdom known as Autism Works. This employer expects to employ adults with Asperger Syndrome and for further information you can contact their website which I believe is undergoing an upgrade http://www.autismworks.co.uk/

Over the ensuing months it would be good to see a greater coverage of Specialisterne and similar replications world wide. I know from personal experience the frustrations of not being able to work and I see the many adults without employment feeling at a loss to both themselves and to the community. I believe things are looking more positive and currently writing my book and Professor Tony Attwood writing the Foreward, hopefully Australia will start to finally realise the reality of Asperger Syndrome and how something urgently needs to be done! I would encourage anyone reading this blog to visit the Specialisterne website which can be obtained by clicking on this post or by visiting the links page on this website. Please contact Thorkil Sonne CEO of Specialisterne and tell him how much you need his organisation to come to your country and please also try to praise him on the good work he is doing. I think it is great to see and I am feeling very optimistic. I think adults with Asperger Syndrome would also benefit and play a valuable role in promoting awareness and much needed incentive in any global pilot stage. Please keep visiting my blog for more information and updates. Hopefully Australia soon to be on the list also!

No comments:

Post a Comment