I have been granted Conference Leave by the University of Queensland to attend the Queensland Autism Symposium with Dr Kate Sofronoff on Friday 5th November 2010. For more information please visit this link http://www.autismqld.com.au/userfiles/aspergersbrochure%281%29.pdf
At the conference I will be making mention of both Specialisterne http://www.specialisterne.com/ and Autism Works http://www.autismworks.co.uk/ I feel that making mention of these organisations will help the future of adolescences and adults with Asperger Syndrome that employment is possible. It is just a matter of getting my message across.
This Wednesday I meet with the Board of Asperger Services Australia, so as you are aware I am trying my best to continue with advocacy work. My book is still be written and I am slowly reaching 30 000 words. At the moment I am having some mobile phone issues as the Iphone I have has a faulty microphone which does not work. To make and receive calls, I need to use the hands free set. It would be good if people on the Autism Spectrum could be involved in testing computer software and mobile phones to avoid these faults but it is a matter of time. I have also been in touch with social firms in Melbourne. Today is another day and I don't think I will be serving on the University of Queensland Disability Sub Committee next year as the staff with a representative position appears to be vacant. I know I have served on the committee to the best of my ability but sadly not always understood. It appears that the UQ Asperger Adult Group is also struggling at the moment but once again I have done my best to try and get something started. I will be investing my energies into areas where things are looking more positive. I am looking forward to the upcoming presentation. Education really needs to change in Queensland to allow more inclusion rather than exclusion of person on the Autism Spectrum. We can draw some comfort though in that it is not all bad but situations need to improve. More updates later.
No comments:
Post a Comment