This morning I woke up after having 2 sleeping pills to help me get to sleep. My mind found it hard to shut down but I think I also suffered from Irritable Bowel Syndrome. When I get this my internals feel irritated and it affects my sleep and functioning pattern. There are some foods which I personally believe really upset the digestive patterns of people on the Autism Spectrum. It is hard to narrow these down specifically but some evidence does suggest that Gluten may be the cause.
I have just been to the gym this morning and undertaken some cardio vascular exercises. These exercises being 15 minutes on the exercise bike doing a "Hill" workout which alternates between light and heavy cardio work and I averaged a speed of around 90 per minute. I also did 10 minutes on the Treadmill for 10 minutes at 5.6km and incline of 3.5. Other exercises included Chest Press, Leg Curls, and Triceps Push down. I am feeling somewhat better but have a bit of a scratchy throat which I hope does not herald the onset of a cold as this is the last thing I need right now.
I have just been to the university library and I spend my mornings in the library as I can sit down and it is quiet. I have borrowed 3 books, 2 on Spain and one on the biography of King Edward VIII. I hear the sound of an air conditioner while I am sitting in the library and some days sounds are louder than usual. It is like my ears and hearing become super sensitive to sounds.
I may go to the UQ Asperger Adult Group this afternoon as a participant but I cannot be expected to keep running the group or attending to keep the group going. This will be totally exhausting and stressful. I have a busy week ahead and Mondays are always the hardest as I have to kick start my energy and functioning levels again. I have the meeting with Asperger Services Australia Board Meeting on Wednesday night and I am going to try and go a long to the Mind for Mindfulness Worskshop to try and control stress and anxiety levels. Hopefully this week will be a good week but as far as my job application is concerned for the Library Assistant Position at the University of Queensland Library, there is nothing more I can do now. I just need to move forward as best I can and also do some more writing on my book. When I also think about relationships I feel stressed out so I don't think about them and just try to get on with life as best I can. I am also thinking about visiting Spain next year prior to visiting Chris Mitchell in the United Kingdom who is an adult with Asperger Syndrome and involved in Autism Works.
At 9.15am to 1.15pm I will be working and shelving books again in the UQ Library and doing other manual handling duties. Perhaps one day I may be able to do something else but I just have to do all I can for the moment. Life is too short to excessively worry.
No comments:
Post a Comment