Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Trying to have hope

Today is a rather cool day and it is the middle of the week. Despite battling a bit of nasal congestion, I am just trying to take it easy in terms of my employment application. The application for the position of Library Assistant closed on Monday 20th October 2010 and I am not sure what is happening or whether or not I will be granted an interview or the possibility of promotion. All I know is that I have done no harm in submitting an employment application which has now been my 10th attempt. The way I see it is that the only way forwards is to deal with the set of cards you have and to try and deal with these cards to the best of your ability. The problem is submitting employment applications and confronting continual knock backs and this affecting your self esteem. Maybe I could make a career for myself shuffling books in a library after shelving them for so long.

The wheels of change can be very slow but all you can do is to just do the best you can in the meantime to try and do your best. I am still working on my book but have taken a break for a few days to deal with this mobile phone issue I have. The Iphone I have works except for the internal microphone.

I have a meeting for the Board of Asperger Services Australia this evening and things are just going slow at the moment. Feeling not 100%, I did not go to the gym this morning and felt like breaking my routine for a bit today.

All you can do is give things your best and try and live life and do the best you can. I will be seeing the counselor at Minds and Hearts again this Saturday for some advice but in the meantime, it is just a matter of trying to do the best I can in my current situation and have things to look forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment