I find it difficult at times for people to understand the way I see things and to understand my viewpoint. I have often 'locked horns' with a person because I am not able to understand what they are thinking and the message I am getting across. Very few people understand me fully and I often find myself existing in my own world relying on myself to be understood and navigate my way through it to the best of my ability.
I believe a lot of people cannot handle truth or reality very well. Often if you are literal about something or some actions of an organisation or a person which do not appear to be unfolding properly, often people can react saying "oh that's the way this organisation works" or "he or she may be like that because it's their nature and they are rude to everyone". The world can be a very confusing place if you see things mainly from a black and white perspective. There are often hidden meanings and perhaps important messages that you simply cannot pick up or understand.
I believe that people do not really give me enough time to be properly understood. More so than being given a chance, people often 'write me off' too early in the piece and this can have an affect on potential friendships or job situations. Just merely lacking the necessary social skills tends to cause me a major disadvantage and it is something that you have to try and use your intelligence to work around.
People do not always agree with my views and my thoughts. I do not expect them to but I believe people have to begin seeing Autism a reality in the adult population. Although I have Asperger Syndrome, I still find people somewhat defensive and critical of my actions most of which I am unable to control. The difficulty that I also find is that if you mention you have Asperger Syndrome you often are criticised for using the diagnosis as an excuse so you are never in a win situation. Communication can be difficult and I walk this earth not really understood by those around me for who I am so I spend a great deal of my time in social isolation and surviving as best I can. Even when I try to help others, I am not understood either so there is always confusion to deal with.
No comments:
Post a Comment