As the world grows and you see the need for more consumer products to widespread, you have to ask yourself the question. Are products that are purchased today really being tested thoroughly for weakness and for fault? I have recently purchased an Iphone in June of this year and I find the Iphone faulty as the microphone does not work at all and has also been faulty. I find also when I purchase other products that there is more a mass production of quantity more so than quality.
I have found out that most Information Technology jobs are based on graduate entry and social skills more so than actual focus on detail and attention. If this is so then perhaps a lot of items and products may be failing the attention to detail and thorough testing requirements needed for consumer usage. Surely a role which focuses on through testing and reliability could be a job for an adult on the Autism Spectrum? Adults with Asperger Syndrome have a mind set for errors and like to ensure that things are working properly with the elimination of possible errors and faults.
I remember being informed of the Aspie Mechanic who fixed a car in a service for an extended more than a service period warranty. He was later sacked for not towing the line and what needs to be focused on and realised is that can Aspies do the jobs that other people find too boring or difficult? This is why people with Asperger Syndrome need to be put to work as their contributions could make a lot of difference in terms of the quality aspect more so than the quantity outlay. I have been in touch with friend and fellow Aspie, Chris Mitchell. Chris is currently working for Autism Works in the UK after quitting his boring and stereotyped job before. He is happy to be doing something more productive and useful and I hope one day to assist where I can within this organisation as I could be doing a lot more and wanting to deliver a great deal to helping adults with Asperger Syndrome find employment. I intend to visit Chris in the United Kingdom next year and shadow him and Peter McDonald who also works in Autism Works. I intend to bring back these suggestions to Australia or possibly consider working in the United Kingdom but I am not sure how things will pan out exactly just as yet.
I intend to visit a Toastmasters Club and find out about possible training of Toastmasters to be more understanding of persons with Asperger Syndrome to help with confidence building and improving communication skills. Can employing adults with Asperger Syndrome therefore improve quality and improve quantity also? A question that needs to be asked and hopefully soon answered with greater employment opportunity for adults with Asperger Syndrome.
No comments:
Post a Comment