The personal experiences and stories of an adult with Asperger Syndrome on the Autism Spectrum by Garry Burge.
Friday, April 23, 2010
Chris Mitchell's visit
This morning Chris Mitchell arrived in Brisbane from New Zealand. Chris is an adult with Asperger Syndrome from the United Kingdom and I have been friends with Chris since I met him in 1999 when he visited Australia for the first time from the United Kingdom. Although the Radio Interview didn't go well due to technical frustrations. Mark who is another adult with Asperger Syndrome needs to be given full praise for at least getting as far as he did. Chris also spoke with Mark and Chris is due to the meet the other adults at UQ tomorrow morning. It should be a good occasion. I have not caught up with Chris for 6 years so seeing him again for the first time was something different. Chris is now having time to himself after his long trip and would you believe sky diving. Not something I would try but good to hear all the same. On Tuesday, Chris will be meeting with the Adult Asperger Group at the University of Queensland and I will be finding out about my progress with the secondment I applied for as a Library Assistant. I am glad I have friends and life long friends now in this Adult Group. My Publication Manual for the Journal of Psychology arrived today, so hopefully this will help me with referencing in my thesis. Unfortunately none of the management of the UQ Library will be able to meet Chris due to other commitments and I am not sure how this employment seminar will go on Wednesday either.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment