Friday, June 21, 2013

Pushing ahead but finding only ant tracks

I have been working very hard over the last few weeks.  I also find that there are some brick walls but I try my best to keep remaining strong.  At times I feel I cannot connect to others as they don't understand me.  No matter how hard I try, I just find that people seem to think that I should just change and not be hard on myself.  Well this is what I think at the moment anyhow.  Still some people can be unbearable and I try my best to avoid them.  However, unfortunately this may not always be possible.  

What is a relationship is just beyond me and in my discussions with John Greally and others, I can find solitude in  not knowing that I am alone.  If anyone thinks I am a so called hero, then you should know more about John Greally. Despite being very modest, John is to be commended.  He knows how to talk to Aspies and we can all be grateful that he exists. Despite his own struggles, John provides us with words of wisdom and explanations on how to better survive in a world that is not always understanding of Aspies.  As I move forward, I still find myself trying make sense of the world around me.  Just thinking and acting differently when even I mention how I function can sometimes be impossible. When or if I feel depressed, I try to do something else and stop the cycle from starting.  It just feels at times that nobody really understands and people whom I found supportive seem to just drop away. I guess they are trying to survive as best they can during difficult times.

I don't believe in writing sugar coated false blog posts that say everything is ok and offering strategies that may often not work.  What I instead attempt to do is to make and call for change.  To help people understand better. I have so many adults contacting me without a job and wanting one that I feel powerless to know what to do.  I have my own struggles in trying to learn more skills on the whole and despite wearing out, I feel at times that any hope in trying to be both productive and tapping in on my full potential as just a dream that will never see the light of reality. 

I may sound hard on myself in this post but my only way to communicate is to write, and post youtube videos.  This seems the only way to express myself.  People seem to insist on me communicating and interacting with them on their own terms which my own internal cognitive wiring has a different means.  I know more adults on the Autism Spectrum but the way many are treated by a world which does not always understand is very distressing.  If only people would try to listen and learn.  The weekend is finally here though which is good.  I am trying to do my best even though people seem to think that I am shutting them out when instead I am just trying to function as best I can.  This in itself is being Aspie. 

I am connecting with more adults now but the road forward is often a difficult journey.  Hopefully with God's guidance it will make the walk much easier.