Monday, June 17, 2013

Being worn down with nowhere to go!

As times get tougher I ask myself the question of where my life is going.  I just find that despite the obstacles and difficulties that exist around me, that just putting in all my efforts or implementing them seems impossible.  I have always struggled to fit into the Australian scene.  I am a person who when focused like to ensure that I achieve maximum result.  The only problem is that trying to both demonstrate and provide such examples seems near to impossible.  I have thought about moving to New Zealand, Germany and even Japan.  I think that more so Japan and Germany have a better work ethic.  For me it seems that if you work very hard and show dedication that your efforts are rewarded or you have an easier chance to learn more and become very productive.  In Australia though I think that there is too much union domination in the wrong areas.  Unions instead of standing up for important rights, seem more so interested in protecting unproductive workers.  Also unions seem to make it impossible by dictating certain conditions making it hard for people with disabilities, particularly those on the Autism Spectrum to just obtain a job!

I feel at times constantly worn down but I try my best to work very hard where and when I can.  For everyone workplaces can be challenging environments and we all need some form of downtime.  However, I also like to see within my own productivity and performance result.  In my own life I just find that throughout Australia there seems to be a near enough is good enough or she'll be right attitude.  I could have gone much further than I currently have but I find that my own difficulties of having low self esteem and not knowing how to 'bullshit' or lowering myself to 'suck up' has caused me some stagnation.  I would relish the opportunity to learn and receive good training but I just feel that this just remains a kind of dream that will only ever remain a dream.  I know I have so much to offer and I often wonder if I should remain in Australia or go elsewhere?  Of course there is the whole immigration process which just presents itself with another obstacle. 

Every time I try to push forward I find that venturing into unchartered territory makes me concerned about my own health.  What if I get someone off side or if I offend someone without knowing it?  As John Greally said people are not like throwing a boomerang in which you know that the boomerang may only slightly detour off its original path.  The world just seems overwhelming but thankfully I have the support and encouragement from within the Aspie Community to survive in this world.  I just hope one day that people will listen to us and stop trying to ridicule or make me out to appear or be stupid. 

The political situation in Australia is just maddening.  Now there is talk of a return to Kevin Rudd which worries and concerns me.  I remember what happened with mental health and the other difficulties which occurred.  For all I just think an election is the only answer but waiting for this to occur just seems an overwhelming reality.  I also spoke with some person yesterday who lives in an Australian capital city and could not even pin point on the map where this city exists. This is very concerning.  Are enough people educated here and able to think?