Recently I undertook a house sit which was for 7 weeks. I was contacted yesterday or more so I returned a phone call to be informed that my services were no longer required and that I was responsible for an animal getting sick and having to be put down. In this situation I do not feel responsible because firstly the owner knew darn well the answers were sick prior to leaving and secondly I was not a vet. It is not a very pleasant experience when a neighbourhood gangs up on you and you find yourself wrongly criticised for failing to act in relation to the situation. I was told I was neglecent and that I would not be trusted with the home owner's other pet.
I really find some people selfish and shallow. I did not fail in my duties to look after the person's home and when I informed the person that I feel I did a good job in looking after her home, I was told I left the kitchen dirty. I really felt like saying well 'how about we prepare a list and you can tell me all the things I did wrong if it makes you feel any better?!' Honestly some people are so stupid and shallow. The home owner knew when going away that her animals were sick and since when was I a vet? I was also informed that I should not render my services to people to do house sits. Well maybe I should just live in a cardboard box or up a tree where at least people can bloody well leave me alone! In all honesty I get fed up with society. I get annoyed and frustrated at how people 'gang up' in their shallow, spineless ways to attack a person on their own. A complete act of cowardice if you ask me. It's not the first time this has happened. There have been several other times. People honestly can be so darn mean and nasty!
Well I guess I can say that now I will have to strike off house sitting as another thing in life which I have been unuccessful in. I often wonder sometimes how I go on. I have to deal with this crap on a daily basis and having to also confront noisy neighbours who have nothing better to do than to pry into other people's business. Really people at times can be a real pain in the butt. I just need to be strong once again!
I really find some people selfish and shallow. I did not fail in my duties to look after the person's home and when I informed the person that I feel I did a good job in looking after her home, I was told I left the kitchen dirty. I really felt like saying well 'how about we prepare a list and you can tell me all the things I did wrong if it makes you feel any better?!' Honestly some people are so stupid and shallow. The home owner knew when going away that her animals were sick and since when was I a vet? I was also informed that I should not render my services to people to do house sits. Well maybe I should just live in a cardboard box or up a tree where at least people can bloody well leave me alone! In all honesty I get fed up with society. I get annoyed and frustrated at how people 'gang up' in their shallow, spineless ways to attack a person on their own. A complete act of cowardice if you ask me. It's not the first time this has happened. There have been several other times. People honestly can be so darn mean and nasty!
Well I guess I can say that now I will have to strike off house sitting as another thing in life which I have been unuccessful in. I often wonder sometimes how I go on. I have to deal with this crap on a daily basis and having to also confront noisy neighbours who have nothing better to do than to pry into other people's business. Really people at times can be a real pain in the butt. I just need to be strong once again!