Sunday, November 27, 2011

People's conformist ways

One of the things that really irriates me are attacks and criticisms from people who say "oh you just have to try harder" or "you can join my clubs and socities in order to meet people".  The thing is you try but you still struggle to fit in.

Yesterday I had another bogan attack.  As I walked outside the house, a bogan came past with his bogan mate and criticised my appearance again making a homophobic slur within his car.  How gutless!  I am sick of such people.  I just wish in all honesty they could be deported to some other country or place.  Brisbane seems to have too many of them and you always need to be aware of them being around.  I try to deflect the comments but mostly I find myself living in social isolation as Brisbane's population seem mostly bogan.  No matter where you go you cannot avoid them as they seem to be like walking zombies.

I am almost 40 years old and life at times grinds painfully slow.  I try not to worry about things around me but at times I feel as though I am trapped in a prison sentence.  It is hard to go places as you are more than often on your own and trying to mix with the non Autistic population seems impossible also.  I really hope that things change in the future but of course I cannot control this.  I am for one would like to see a change in government here in Queensland.  The streets are no longer safe and the Bligh Government just seem neglectful of responsibility such as policing the state.  Also there seems to be no accountability and bogans seem to be taking over everything.  It is a real concern.  The federal situation does not seem better either and hopefully this will change.  A desperate government doing everything it can to hang on more so than go to an election.  It is a depressing situation to be honest.  Not only does it provide a diservice to the country but the very party it represents is severely being undermined.  It would be good if an election were called to vote for a stable government more so than a dishonest one.

It is hard when you try as many options as possible to alleviate your situation only to know that in return people just don't really understand.   My experience with the selfish old lady and her two cats as a house sitting assignment did not help my already low self esteem and trying to find someone of the opposite sex even for friendship just seems impossible.  All you can try and be is optomistic and hope things will improve.  People have to stop trying to force others to be their way or no way and need to be a bit more accommodating of others who may think differently to themselves!