I have to be both honest and blunt in saying that some persons on the Autism Spectrum are selfish and indeed ungrateful. Often persons work both tirelessly and with a great deal of effort and get little or no real acknowledgement in return. It is clearly selfish behaviour. I worked hard to get to where I am in life and yes sure I have problems but I try and work at both resolving and overcoming them as best I can. Living a life of a selfish and dysfunctional existence gets nobody anywhere! Not ever do I get a thank you from certain persons who I have tried to help in the past and sadly I have to say that unless these persons change their ways they are really nothing but lost causes.
Not everyone likes to work but the world cannot be changed in order to accomodate the very dysfunctional few and I have to be blunt in saying this. All I see on Facebook discussion groups is just blatant negativity and unhealthy views towards society and people in general. I really want nothing to do with such behaviour. I dare say that all it creates is an implosion on those in the Autism Spectrum trying to do the right thing. I follow the work very closely of Autism Works and other employers of adults on the Autism Spectrum very closely and it annoys me when I hear persons on the Autism Spectrum say, "I am not interested in software testing". Well if you wish to remain in a dysfunctional existence and not get anywhere in your life then I am sorry to say that you will not go very far in this world. The world cannot change for the very few and you have to get used to this. It will take several generations if at all before things change. I am also fed up with people who are ungrateful against on persons who work relentlessly to try and assist others in finding greater acceptance and understanding.
The reality with some persons on the Autism Spectrum is you can never get through to them. They never understand nor try to change their ways to improve. I am still learning myself but I do not just say that having Asperger Syndrome provides me with an excuse to get away with both unacceptable and inappropriate behaviour. If persons on the Autism Spectrum want people to better understand them and they want to get ahead in their lives then they really need to start to try and mend their ways and get on better with those around them. The world is not going to change for the very few as indicated earlier. It would be nice to receive some thank you and support not only for the work I do but other associations also and persons involved. Often persons on the Autism Spectrum can be ungrateful and they really need to learn fast that they may offend people with such behaviours.
In conclusion the Autism Spectrum is not an excuse for unacceptable or inappropriate behaviour it is a social skills disorder and as such needs to be overcome and services provided where necessary. I have written a book addressing my very issues of finding employment but I did not give up in my pursuit. In all honesty I find this wanting the world to change is just unrealistic. What is more needed as better tolerance, education and understanding. If a person on the Autism Spectrum wants a job then they have to turn up to work, be on time, try and learn, make a commitment and find the necessary support. If they do not then they will forever remain in a dysfunctional existence and find it hard to get ahead in their lives. As blunt as I need to be or may sound the truth of the situation is that reciprocation is often a necessary requirement as well as less introspection and selfishness. Realise there are some people out there batting on your behalf and need I have to get it through to you try and support them where you can otherwise sadly you will find yourself a lost cause and your future uncertain. This is the way I see it anyhow. The path to prosperity and improvement needs determination and hardwork not just complacency and unacceptable or inappropriate behaviours!
I lastly need to say that I find some persons on the Autism Spectrum rude, selfish, never satisfied, introspective and ungrateful and it gives the impression of is it really all worth it if they do not change or mend their ways? I just advocate for myself now and I am having doubts about whether the good qualities which I demonstrate as a person on the Autism Spectrum in employment are the same in others. I find I deal with some rude and selfish people who really need a good kick up the backside to make them see that they need to overcome the errors of their ways. I also find some others are just so damn rude and selfish also. The whole diagnostic criteria needs reform and those trained medically need to diagnose properly to avoid areas of confusion in who is and isn't on the Autism Spectrum?!
Not everyone likes to work but the world cannot be changed in order to accomodate the very dysfunctional few and I have to be blunt in saying this. All I see on Facebook discussion groups is just blatant negativity and unhealthy views towards society and people in general. I really want nothing to do with such behaviour. I dare say that all it creates is an implosion on those in the Autism Spectrum trying to do the right thing. I follow the work very closely of Autism Works and other employers of adults on the Autism Spectrum very closely and it annoys me when I hear persons on the Autism Spectrum say, "I am not interested in software testing". Well if you wish to remain in a dysfunctional existence and not get anywhere in your life then I am sorry to say that you will not go very far in this world. The world cannot change for the very few and you have to get used to this. It will take several generations if at all before things change. I am also fed up with people who are ungrateful against on persons who work relentlessly to try and assist others in finding greater acceptance and understanding.
The reality with some persons on the Autism Spectrum is you can never get through to them. They never understand nor try to change their ways to improve. I am still learning myself but I do not just say that having Asperger Syndrome provides me with an excuse to get away with both unacceptable and inappropriate behaviour. If persons on the Autism Spectrum want people to better understand them and they want to get ahead in their lives then they really need to start to try and mend their ways and get on better with those around them. The world is not going to change for the very few as indicated earlier. It would be nice to receive some thank you and support not only for the work I do but other associations also and persons involved. Often persons on the Autism Spectrum can be ungrateful and they really need to learn fast that they may offend people with such behaviours.
In conclusion the Autism Spectrum is not an excuse for unacceptable or inappropriate behaviour it is a social skills disorder and as such needs to be overcome and services provided where necessary. I have written a book addressing my very issues of finding employment but I did not give up in my pursuit. In all honesty I find this wanting the world to change is just unrealistic. What is more needed as better tolerance, education and understanding. If a person on the Autism Spectrum wants a job then they have to turn up to work, be on time, try and learn, make a commitment and find the necessary support. If they do not then they will forever remain in a dysfunctional existence and find it hard to get ahead in their lives. As blunt as I need to be or may sound the truth of the situation is that reciprocation is often a necessary requirement as well as less introspection and selfishness. Realise there are some people out there batting on your behalf and need I have to get it through to you try and support them where you can otherwise sadly you will find yourself a lost cause and your future uncertain. This is the way I see it anyhow. The path to prosperity and improvement needs determination and hardwork not just complacency and unacceptable or inappropriate behaviours!
I lastly need to say that I find some persons on the Autism Spectrum rude, selfish, never satisfied, introspective and ungrateful and it gives the impression of is it really all worth it if they do not change or mend their ways? I just advocate for myself now and I am having doubts about whether the good qualities which I demonstrate as a person on the Autism Spectrum in employment are the same in others. I find I deal with some rude and selfish people who really need a good kick up the backside to make them see that they need to overcome the errors of their ways. I also find some others are just so damn rude and selfish also. The whole diagnostic criteria needs reform and those trained medically need to diagnose properly to avoid areas of confusion in who is and isn't on the Autism Spectrum?!