Saturday, September 17, 2011

New challenges and experiences

It often feels stagnate in life.  I put so much effort in and get so little result in return.  This afternoon I thought I would with the advice and assistance of the counseling I am seeing at the moment to try my luck at Online Dating.  I submitted a few responses to some profiles but found only one response in the woman whom had similar interests to me saying that she was not interested in connecting with me or taking things further.  This was only after one message and I found it surprising that a person could judge so quickly.  I also was somewhat annoyed in that a friend whom I used to work with decided to suddenly delete me from Facebook without any warning. This is life I guess.

Anyhow to put things in more positive context I am about to start my next house sit.  I am looking after and medicating two cats.  I also have my own space and time out which will be good.  It would be good to also have a bit of a break from the advocacy work I do.  It does get tiring at times and although I have to do all of my own work and marketing, it does become somewhat tiring.  I have managed to sell some books to one book shop and now have two library suppliers that are willing to supply the book into Australian and New Zealand libraries.  It is a  matter of the book being requested by the library for which anyone can really do and then the library will order through the suppliers.

Apart from this, I am trying to get help in overcoming some of the difficulties in life.  These mainly be an inability to socialise and find social networks.  I have also contacted Rostrum and informed them about how they could assist adults on the Autism Spectrum in being able to communicate better and I sent a letter off to Rotary Australia today to see if I can get some speaking circuits.  Once again a lot of work but how much result?  I hope some good news may come soon?  What else do I have to say but that I am doing my best to cope with some of the challenging and difficult situations ahead of me.  I did receive some good news about a book sale with a very positive response.  This response can be found by visiting Garry Burge at Triond in a Google search.  So things are going a long just ok at the moment. I am waiting to hear some news back from some Australian politicans but in the meantime it is just plain sailing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment