George Bernhard Shaw's famous quote "You see things"and say, 'Why?'But I dream things that never were; and I say, "Why not?" How do you
interpret this exactly in your own life? Many of us go through life never
really knowing who we are. Some of us become successful in what we do and
others of us just struggle to find who we are as people. At the death of
Martin Luther King a man I admire in history, Robert Fitzgerald Kennedy the
brother of President John Fitzgerald Kennedy used Shaw's famous quote to
describe the stance and the dedication that King used when he stood up for
civil rights in the United States.
Many of us journey through life largely unaware of how other people react or even listen to whatever message it is which we wish to say. Sometimes sadly the hardwork, commitment and dedication expressed by those passionate about a cause just tend to fall in the wayside or face stiff resistance when really all that is required is just an open mind and an understanding heart.
I cannot understand why there is so much negativity in the world and on ocassion me being asked if I am depressed. Whenever I turn on the television all I ever hear and see is tragedy, doom, gloom and endless stories that seem to have no happy story to them. So many people seem serious also. You have to be so careful now if you make a joke with someone so as you don't offend them. Also is there not good and evil on earth with the need for more goodness to be revived? All it takes is just a smile, a warm and friendly attitude and an ear to listen. It just seems that all the factors are just about difficult to obtain.
As we journey through life things do become harder and the world is not always black and white which is the way I see it as well as a preference for routine. I find and look for patterns in behavoiurs and events and try and rely on predictability but sadly this is just not the way of life. It seems that life is a lottery at times and you just have to hope that you have lived a fulfilling life when your number is called. I don't see myself as depressed but more so a failure in understanding the world around me. People just don't seem to get it if you think and act differently than they do you just seem to be misunderstood. As I get older I find life becomes harder. I find that my thinking is becoming more black and white. The grey areas seem harder to define and life although I kind of prefer it to be a routine is ever changeable. Circumstances do change in life and people come and go and also move on.
It seems in the world today that people are afraid of commitment of any kind. Whether this commitment is friendship or in relationships, people are just afraid that giving commitment will take up valuable time. Opportunities seem endless but life is also very short. There is only so much we can do in order to find satisfaction in life. How many people actually take the time to shirk worry, fear and actions and take the time to help others in need? On my way to work this morning a motorist insisted on beeping the horn at me at a local roundabout as I waited for the car to my right. I felt like saying 'buddy what exactly is your problem?" when all he needed to do was just wait patiently and safely for the traffic situation to be sorted out? People just seem so impatient nowadays and invest little time for others. The world I believe is going through a stage of transformation which we cannot always fathom. People seem more insular than they do human and it seems that this endless adrelin society we live in is just making life increasingly difficult and stressful. So I ask you the reader of this post the direct question 'does the future become harder?"
Many of us journey through life largely unaware of how other people react or even listen to whatever message it is which we wish to say. Sometimes sadly the hardwork, commitment and dedication expressed by those passionate about a cause just tend to fall in the wayside or face stiff resistance when really all that is required is just an open mind and an understanding heart.
I cannot understand why there is so much negativity in the world and on ocassion me being asked if I am depressed. Whenever I turn on the television all I ever hear and see is tragedy, doom, gloom and endless stories that seem to have no happy story to them. So many people seem serious also. You have to be so careful now if you make a joke with someone so as you don't offend them. Also is there not good and evil on earth with the need for more goodness to be revived? All it takes is just a smile, a warm and friendly attitude and an ear to listen. It just seems that all the factors are just about difficult to obtain.
As we journey through life things do become harder and the world is not always black and white which is the way I see it as well as a preference for routine. I find and look for patterns in behavoiurs and events and try and rely on predictability but sadly this is just not the way of life. It seems that life is a lottery at times and you just have to hope that you have lived a fulfilling life when your number is called. I don't see myself as depressed but more so a failure in understanding the world around me. People just don't seem to get it if you think and act differently than they do you just seem to be misunderstood. As I get older I find life becomes harder. I find that my thinking is becoming more black and white. The grey areas seem harder to define and life although I kind of prefer it to be a routine is ever changeable. Circumstances do change in life and people come and go and also move on.
It seems in the world today that people are afraid of commitment of any kind. Whether this commitment is friendship or in relationships, people are just afraid that giving commitment will take up valuable time. Opportunities seem endless but life is also very short. There is only so much we can do in order to find satisfaction in life. How many people actually take the time to shirk worry, fear and actions and take the time to help others in need? On my way to work this morning a motorist insisted on beeping the horn at me at a local roundabout as I waited for the car to my right. I felt like saying 'buddy what exactly is your problem?" when all he needed to do was just wait patiently and safely for the traffic situation to be sorted out? People just seem so impatient nowadays and invest little time for others. The world I believe is going through a stage of transformation which we cannot always fathom. People seem more insular than they do human and it seems that this endless adrelin society we live in is just making life increasingly difficult and stressful. So I ask you the reader of this post the direct question 'does the future become harder?"