This afternoon I met with some Aspies at UQ. It is good for us to get together and talk about the struggles and difficulties we all have but to also talk about our interests. We discussed the need for more services as well as some of the difficulties we have socially and in dealing with sensory issues. We have come to the agreement of having meetings on a fortnightly basis at UQ and that we will meet every second Friday at Merlos. The details of our meetings will be posted on Brisbane Asperger Syndrome Adults also.
All adults on the Autism Spectrum differ from situation to situation but quite simply what is required is at times just someone to talk to and help in times of difficulty. Rather than 'bottle up' our difficulties by talking about them with each other can hopefully significantly reduce social isolation and in some instances anxiety. While the Aspergers@UQ (University of Queensland) is in recess until the next semester begins, the adult group or adults need to meet up in a central location in Brisbane. This will hopefully start to begin but we are just taking things informally for the time being.
I sold my last book today and I have asked Asperger Services Australia to provide me with some more on standby should orders be expected soon. I also have 2 manuscripts sitting on my computer and I will endeavour at some stage to have these edited. I feel writing is the only way to enlighten and this I will try to do my best.
I have become fascinated in history and over the weekend I intend to read some more about history especially relating to Spain and Northern Africa. I have an interest in these areas having recently visited them. I also intend to do some further reading on areas of Australian history to broaden my knowledge. I hope in my life time that adults on the Autism Spectrum will visit Brisbane where I currently live. For adults with Autism traveling provides a means of escaping one's comfort zone and to thrust all cognitive energy into broadening one's mind and thinking.
I have traveled to different countries and have met Aspies in various locations. I intend to visit more where I possibly can to try my best to let them know there is hope and support from whichever corner of the globe they may reside. I firmly believe that no person, especially an adult with Autism should have to suffer social isolation and loneliness and I will try my best to help where I can. I may not please everyone but I know my own struggles as a person on the Autism Spectrum. I know Aspies very from one to the other but I know that there is always hope and to remain optimistic. For now the slow cog turns and forward as best it can to make for a better world for adults on the Autism Spectrum. More updates on my book soon but for now it is adios
No comments:
Post a Comment