My involvement with online dating websites seems to have been a waste of time. I find the biggest problem is the trolling men that use these websites just looking for casual sex. There is no real guidelines or more importantly authenticity with such websites and you are unsure of what kind of people use them and more importantly what the people are like.
What I personally find is that Asperger men are disadvantaged through online dating because they have to compete or are out numbered by NT men. The NT man usually has all the cards to play and hits on women or just hooks up with them for flings or casual sex. For Asperger men I think we or I am more so focused on quality but the whole online dating thing seems to be loosely designed in that even if you are successful in meeting a person then there still is competition or more choices.
The biggest problem with online dating for Aspies more so from a male's experience is that you are even unsure of the authenticity of some of the women on it. Are they genuinely single for the very few who are? Do they have or not have kids? Are they rational and together within themselves? What kind of people are they and what type of man are they looking for? To be honest I find internet dating just a waste of time for me as an Aspie. I never really connect with anyone anyway and more importantly I am unsure of the person in the rare instance who may contact me. I also find that internet dating is just a haven for trolling men in pursuit of sex, short term flings, ones who are players and much more. Furthermore, one wonders how many married people are using the websites also and creating false aliases? As an Asperger male I find I am instantly out numbered by competition and pretty girls aren't going to go for 'geeky' or 'quirky' straight guys. Every time I have used internet dating sites I may as well just count sheep more so than waste my time on them.
I know some Aspies using online dating websites and very very few it seems actually get a date in the first place. If they do get a date then and again in my own personal experience the woman usually turns away or I find myself sitting there thinking I am somewhere else. One has to ask them-self is online dating really a genuine way to meet people or is it just a haven for mostly trolls?
No comments:
Post a Comment