Thursday, July 14, 2011

If only sometimes people could be just a little more diplomatic

It seems that most of the time nobody has anything to do with you until you cause or create some kind of issue. Rather than be abrasive and make you feel like you are 2cm tall, just a simple explanation would go a long way to make things a little clearer. One of the biggest problems in Australia society is that people do not communicate enough or communication remains confused or unclear.

I think Australia has a disgraceful mental health record. Society simply refuses to assist those most in need and often rather than medicating the problem, a solution may be simply a better means of counseling and support. People in Australian society do not get that by being or responding harshly to someone on the Autism Spectrum can make a person with Autism feel threatened or worse case scenario bullied. I am not medically trained nor am I professionally qualified to give advice but surely just taking the time to explain an issue or a scenario would be far better than to respond in an abrupt or abrasive manner?

I find the Australian blokey image not very accommodating to me as an Aspie personally. I find the prove my ego or be in with the boys just a total waste of time and energy. I simply find it a deep routed inferiority complex and one which is personally irritating. I also find conformity within this stereo type very much pressuring and should I not conform I either confront ridicule or in the worst case scenario a feeling of being bullied. The scarey thing is that women also seem to be more competitive nowadays as well. Perhaps a move to an Eastern European country doesn't seem like a bad idea after all!

The reason I write this blog is I personally need a voice to canvas how I truly feel. I personally struggle with conversation and have worked hard to be careful with being naive, especially to those who may be predators. Until necessary services are made available to people who experience mental health issues and Autism, then society is going to go on remaining ignorant of the background behind the scene struggles of people who have unseen disabilities. I seem to hear from people when I create issues but am never warned or advised of such issues before they become a problem. Communication with persons on the Autism Spectrum needs to be improved, especially the case with siblings and some people who call themselves friends. I exist in a world which I find often or mostly very confusing and I just find if people are abrasive and short tempered then it only provokes and raises my anxiety levels. If only I did not have to experience anymore crap in my life to have it all repeat all over again.

Australia needs to get serious with mental health and improved services for people with disabilities for at present things are not looking too good. I am the first to admit I am far from perfect and no I am not putting myself down I am being bluntly honest. Yes I do need to think positively but I need counseling to help me and if you walked in my shoes when I was younger then surely you would admire where I am today. For heavens sake please try and understand before it is too late and a person becomes depressed or more seriously takes further drastic steps. All it takes is for someone to listen and for people to not remain as wooden, and lacking empathy in the loss of community which is what I see today. Also with this me society a lot of us just find it too taxing to keep up and we try our best to make the most of our lives. I am also tired of people who are envious of me. Would you like me to show you a book of where I got to today? Would you like me to explain in detail my life's story before you decide to make a judgement? People really need to understand more and if I am militant and self destructing then so be it as I am doing the best I can with the cognitive wiring that exists in my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment