You don't have to be Aspie to realise that this world is in a mess. People have become increasingly selfish and community exists no more. Just take a look around the average suburb for instance and wonder how well you know or don't know your neighbours. Furthermore, how often do family members care about their parents, siblings etc?
What is happening is that anti social behaviour and people becoming more selfish and communicating through mobile phones and gadgets is causing a depersonalization within themselves and other people around them. How often do year hear people say "Sorry I am busy?". What they really mean is I really couldn't be bothered talking to you so please go away.
Ever since I have returned from overseas very few people have expressed any interest in the places I have been. I have largely spent the whole weekend within my own company using the computer as the only means of communication. It is not a healthy existence but what else can I do apart from walking around on my own talking to strangers and people not really understanding when I come from. The way I cope with things is to think that this is the way Australia and the rest of the world seem to be. Nobody gives a shit about anyone else anymore and people are weary of others trying to befriend them as trust and confidence have been breached.
People need a wake up call and a hard kick up their backsides to realise their place in the world and also to be given a reality check. Things in my opinion are getting worse and it is not only Aspies that are suffering it is this very selfish and insular world that abounds us. Society in my opinion is just losing the plot and Aspies are seen as the ones with problems. People take a look at this world and ask yourself do you really think Aspies are the ones with the problem?!
No comments:
Post a Comment