When you have been overseas for 5 weeks the pace of life is different especially when you are in Europe. To get from one place to another is often a short distance not to mention the amount of people in such areas. Returning back to Australia is literally like stepping onto another planet. The distances to and from are much longer and the pace of life is much slower. One thing I notice is the quietness and the slower pace of life.
I achieved some successes today in that I sold another book and I managed to get some refunds on the stuff up with car hire in Belfast and hopefully the large mobile phone bill which I apparently accrued while in Europe. Even though I used wifi wherever possible, it still seems that I was hit with massive charges.
This weekend will be quiet I think. I have to get the timing belt replaced on the car after 140 000 kilometres.
I am not sure what is happening with the UQ Asperger Group but I am starting to look into informal meetings with other adults on the Autism Spectrum. Our plan is to meet over coffee and discuss our interests and some of the difficulties we experience in our lives. Hopefully by meeting with each other that we can build upon a foundation at UQ to ensure that we have support. I met with two Aspies today. One met me in the UQ Library and the other is doing his PhD at UQ. I am going to remain optimistic that things will get better.
No comments:
Post a Comment