Today I met with Peter MacDonald from Autism Works. Both he and Chris Mitchell work in a small office on a Georgian Street (Grey Street) in Sunderland, United Kingdom. I was able to view the funding bid created by both Chris and Peter for necessary funding to ensure Autism Works continues with its employment. I will be uploading a video very shortly which can be found on my Facebook page in which interviews are given with Peter, Chris and Dan from Autism Works.
I was fortunate to have had lunch with Peter to discuss the work that Autism Works undertake and it is indeed very positive the future direction in which this organisation is moving. I have asked Peter if I can assist with the good work which they are doing from Australia, and I have assured Peter that I am willing to help where necessary.
Autism Works focuses specifically on the strengths and abilities of adults on the Autism Spectrum and the organsiation does a way with the selection and interview process which seem to work against adults on the Autism Spectrum. It was indeed a pleasure to have met with Peter and should I be able to upload the videos these will be viewed on my Facebook page. Please visit my website which has links to both Autism Works and to my Facebook page.
I would encourage anyone reading this blog post to keep an eye on the work being undertaken by Autism Works over the coming months. Let us remain positive and look forward to much optimism in creating employment for adults on the Autism Spectrum and to help them find meaningful employment!
No comments:
Post a Comment