Monday, January 10, 2011

Thoughts of the day

As I write this blog, I am surrounded by maddening weather. It has been raining non stop in Brisbane and Queensland now since Christmas Eve. It is heart breaking to see how devastating these floods actually are. The town of Rockhampton has been almost washed out and yet the rain does not let up. Imagine having the unfortunate situation of being waste deep in water and seeing the contents of your house wrecked by continual and prolonged rain? Well this is a reality and I wonder what is happening in the world? I believe weather patterns are being affected by changes to climate and I believe worst is to come. Just think about how maddening it is with rain continually pouring down and no means of escaping it. Roads are closed, airports are shut down and people are displaced. Just imagine if the happens on a world wide scale. We have seen heavy snow now in the United Kingdom and in the United States and flooding in Queensland and the rain just not stop. More importantly weird weather patterns seem to be influencing the planet and what will be yet to come?

I just cannot understand what is happening to the world around me and I dislike the part of myself that never feels satisfied in life and not grateful in the world around me. I believe western society is seriously flawed and if we do not do something about changes our lives and being responsible for our own actions, we are going to seriously be in trouble.

Disturbed weather patterns are serious as they are now here in Queensland. Major town are being evacuated and people displaced. Not to mention business that are losing trading hours with every day passing by due to this incessant rain. Will these towns ever recover and will this rain ever stop!? It is like a form of punishment which is inescapable and the flooding leaves people with no choice but to relocate to other centres and putting a strain on support bases. If the rain continues, Brisbane is going to seriously be flooded itself. Communities will be cut off from other areas with roads not passable and airports closed down. The problem is more serious than you think. With displaced people, food shortages become a problem and not to mention the essential needs of hospital services and other important requirements. If Brisbane is to become flooded a population of approximately 2 million people will be affected and how will the city be serviced and how will people get by in their lives?

I believe global warming is a reality and the globe is out of whack due to disturbed weather patterns. We have already seen snow falls in the UK and the North America and now the floods in Australia. What is yet to come and how will people be prepared for it? It is a very serious issue and humanity is at the mercy of the forces of nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment