One of the problems I have is dealing with uncertainty. I tend to think of the worst situations possible to situations I have no control over. For instance rather than understanding that someone may be busy or not be able to get back to me straight away, I tend to obsesses too much and think the worst scenario. Patience is something I struggle with. I am not good at dealing with uncertainty and at times I can sabotage a situation just by simply not being patient.
In such scenarios a simple remedy of trying to find 'frank' answers or responses to times of uncertainty can often be difficult to manage. A person may not always get back to me straight away and I often assume the worst. In some instances I may even think the person does not want to be friends or to keep in touch. I guess when I take things literally I do not always understand that there may be gray areas and people are not always upfront or on time like I am.
Uncertainty is often extremely overwhelming and finding coping mechanisms often can be a struggle. Some people are good at holding back and being patient to let a situation develop but I tend to try and obsess or perhaps manipulate a situation and end up sometimes sabotaging it as a result. Not all adults experience this but it seems I have struggles with being patient!
No comments:
Post a Comment